Five steps to getting results:
- Talk less – the less you say, often the more "voice" you have (with more impact).
- Timing is everything – wait, until all the fights are in the room, then speak for the first time with a different angle.
- Don't repeat – people only hear it the first time; after that, it's diluted and they switch off and forget the point you made.
- Opinion and data – share your view and back it up with a killer piece of data. Don't just share your view, or you'll get mauled.
- Tone and volume – don't whisper, don't screech. Remember, even Mrs Thatcher had voice coaching.